Sunday 11 December 2011

Oh hai

I'm glad you're here. I'll be posting a new -FREE- crossword puzzle every Tuesday morning, and ranting and raving about any and all things crossword-related. Probably not too many reviews - Rex and Amy & her posse have that department pretty much cornered - but I'll refer you to particularly good puzzles (maybe a "week in review" sort of thing). Mostly, I'll be posting about construction and breaking into the market. I'm new to the game (just started in Sept), so I'm learning as I go. I've got submissions into the NYT (not holding my breath, though), but I'd rather be proactive.

As for the puzzles, expect anything: themed, themeless, irregular shapes and sizes, diagramless even(!), Canadian Content, bad words, jabs at hipsters, crunk references, Internet memes, and generally things that your die-hard USA Today-solving grandmother won't like.

Today's puzzle is a standard daily-sized (15x15) themed offering. New to puzzles? This one's not too tough, but check out my "For N00bs" primer page from the tabs at the top.

If you enjoy it, share it, tell your friends and family (makes a great cheap xmas gift - just sayin'), tweet about it, print it out and do it on the bus with a shit-eating grin on your face, pay it forward, go tell it on the mountain, and generally spread the word.

One last thing: feel free to discuss the answers in the comments. They're hidden from the main page.

Puzzle: Greetings and Salutations
Metaphorical Difficulty: playing frisbee with a dog who doesn't always bring it back
Rating: XW-PG13, for mild suggestive language
Print the pdf here, solve or download the Across Lite puzzle and/or software from the Java app below.

1 comment:

Bare Amazons said...

Appreciate your blog posst